Man jailed in Pakistan for acid attack
Lahore: A Pakistani court has sentenced a man to 14 years in prison for attacking his wife and two other women with acid.
An anti-terrorism court in Lahore yesterday convicted Irfan Younas for the attack on his wife Rehmana Liaqat, a nurse at Mayo Hospital.
Two other nurses were injured when they tried to stop Younas during the attack in August last year.
Liaqat told the judge that her husband entered the hospital`s emergency ward and began quarrelling with her for not responding to his phone calls.
"Before I could speak in my defence, he threw acid on me. The two nurses sustained burns when they tried to save me," she said.
The court also directed Younas to pay a fine of Rs 3.3 million, failing which he will have to serve more time in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Facebook blocks pic of plus-size model Tess Holliday, apologises later
- Brazilian research proves Aedes aegypti mosquito as source of Zika virus!
- 'Nokia could cut 10,000-15,000 jobs worldwide'
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016
- Air ambulance with seven people crash lands in Delhi's Najafgarh