Man jailed in Pakistan for acid attack
Lahore: A Pakistani court has sentenced a man to 14 years in prison for attacking his wife and two other women with acid.
An anti-terrorism court in Lahore yesterday convicted Irfan Younas for the attack on his wife Rehmana Liaqat, a nurse at Mayo Hospital.
Two other nurses were injured when they tried to stop Younas during the attack in August last year.
Liaqat told the judge that her husband entered the hospital`s emergency ward and began quarrelling with her for not responding to his phone calls.
"Before I could speak in my defence, he threw acid on me. The two nurses sustained burns when they tried to save me," she said.
The court also directed Younas to pay a fine of Rs 3.3 million, failing which he will have to serve more time in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre