Man jailed in Pakistan for acid attack
Lahore: A Pakistani court has sentenced a man to 14 years in prison for attacking his wife and two other women with acid.
An anti-terrorism court in Lahore yesterday convicted Irfan Younas for the attack on his wife Rehmana Liaqat, a nurse at Mayo Hospital.
Two other nurses were injured when they tried to stop Younas during the attack in August last year.
Liaqat told the judge that her husband entered the hospital`s emergency ward and began quarrelling with her for not responding to his phone calls.
"Before I could speak in my defence, he threw acid on me. The two nurses sustained burns when they tried to save me," she said.
The court also directed Younas to pay a fine of Rs 3.3 million, failing which he will have to serve more time in prison.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India