Man jailed in Pakistan for acid attack
Lahore: A Pakistani court has sentenced a man to 14 years in prison for attacking his wife and two other women with acid.
An anti-terrorism court in Lahore yesterday convicted Irfan Younas for the attack on his wife Rehmana Liaqat, a nurse at Mayo Hospital.
Two other nurses were injured when they tried to stop Younas during the attack in August last year.
Liaqat told the judge that her husband entered the hospital`s emergency ward and began quarrelling with her for not responding to his phone calls.
"Before I could speak in my defence, he threw acid on me. The two nurses sustained burns when they tried to save me," she said.
The court also directed Younas to pay a fine of Rs 3.3 million, failing which he will have to serve more time in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi's remarks irk Opposition which forces brief adjournment in Rajya Sabha
- Zee Entertainment launches Zee.One in Germany
- No talks about starring with Kangana in Ritesh's next: Irrfan Khan
- Dalits refuse to dispose of dead cattle, demand protection in Gujarat
- Silsila was trashed by media at time of release: Amitabh Bachchan