Man lynched by mob in Pakistan
Karachi: In horrifying incident, a young man was lynched by a mob after being suspected of running flesh trade in Pakistan`s southern Sindh province.
Some television channels on Wednesday showed footage of the men being brutally assaulted and beaten up by a mob in the Jauharabad locality of Tando Adam.
Television channels claimed that the police and other residents remained silent spectators as the mob attacked the suspect. Two persons also injured in the attack.
"We are investigating the whole affair and it is too early to say anything about what actually has happened," a senior police official of the area, Aslam Brohi said.
Brohi said that some residents had told the police that they had caught a woman and a man in a house of the locality.
"They believe it was a vice den."
One channel reported that the man and woman had come to visit two brothers who lived in the locality when some area residents raided their house and pulled them out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state