Man lynched by mob in Pakistan
Karachi: In horrifying incident, a young man was lynched by a mob after being suspected of running flesh trade in Pakistan`s southern Sindh province.
Some television channels on Wednesday showed footage of the men being brutally assaulted and beaten up by a mob in the Jauharabad locality of Tando Adam.
Television channels claimed that the police and other residents remained silent spectators as the mob attacked the suspect. Two persons also injured in the attack.
"We are investigating the whole affair and it is too early to say anything about what actually has happened," a senior police official of the area, Aslam Brohi said.
Brohi said that some residents had told the police that they had caught a woman and a man in a house of the locality.
"They believe it was a vice den."
One channel reported that the man and woman had come to visit two brothers who lived in the locality when some area residents raided their house and pulled them out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons