Man throws acid on girl for refusing to marry him in Pakistan
Lahore: A man has allegedly thrown acid on an 18-year-old girl after she refused to marry him, in the latest such incident in Pakistan`s Punjab province.
Kaneez Fatima was returning from market yesterday when two motorcyclists intercepted her in Lahore`s densely populated area of Shahdara and threw acid on her, eyewitnesses said.
She was rushed to hospital where doctors said she had suffered 40 per cent burns. Fatima has acid burns in her face also.
Victim`s father Rafaqat Ali told police that Ghulam Mustafa wanted to marry his daughter. "On refusal, he had warned us of dire consequences. Yesterday Mustafa along with his friend Muhammad Asif threw acid on Fatima," he said.
Police have registered a case against the accused and arrested them.
On April 8, a 20-year-old Pakistani girl was severely injured when two persons threw acid on her in Lahore apparently to force her to withdraw a rape case against one of them.
In February, a woman and her 12-year-old daughter suffered serious injuries in an acid attack in Punjab province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head