Man throws acid on girl for refusing to marry him in Pakistan
Lahore: A man has allegedly thrown acid on an 18-year-old girl after she refused to marry him, in the latest such incident in Pakistan`s Punjab province.
Kaneez Fatima was returning from market yesterday when two motorcyclists intercepted her in Lahore`s densely populated area of Shahdara and threw acid on her, eyewitnesses said.
She was rushed to hospital where doctors said she had suffered 40 per cent burns. Fatima has acid burns in her face also.
Victim`s father Rafaqat Ali told police that Ghulam Mustafa wanted to marry his daughter. "On refusal, he had warned us of dire consequences. Yesterday Mustafa along with his friend Muhammad Asif threw acid on Fatima," he said.
Police have registered a case against the accused and arrested them.
On April 8, a 20-year-old Pakistani girl was severely injured when two persons threw acid on her in Lahore apparently to force her to withdraw a rape case against one of them.
In February, a woman and her 12-year-old daughter suffered serious injuries in an acid attack in Punjab province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened