Man throws acid on girl for refusing to marry him in Pakistan
Lahore: A man has allegedly thrown acid on an 18-year-old girl after she refused to marry him, in the latest such incident in Pakistan`s Punjab province.
Kaneez Fatima was returning from market yesterday when two motorcyclists intercepted her in Lahore`s densely populated area of Shahdara and threw acid on her, eyewitnesses said.
She was rushed to hospital where doctors said she had suffered 40 per cent burns. Fatima has acid burns in her face also.
Victim`s father Rafaqat Ali told police that Ghulam Mustafa wanted to marry his daughter. "On refusal, he had warned us of dire consequences. Yesterday Mustafa along with his friend Muhammad Asif threw acid on Fatima," he said.
Police have registered a case against the accused and arrested them.
On April 8, a 20-year-old Pakistani girl was severely injured when two persons threw acid on her in Lahore apparently to force her to withdraw a rape case against one of them.
In February, a woman and her 12-year-old daughter suffered serious injuries in an acid attack in Punjab province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption