Maoist party splits; rebel group blames Prachanda
Kathmandu: After half a decade long ideological squabble, the dissident faction of Nepal`s Maoist party led by Mohan Vaidya `Kiran` on Monday split from the Unified CPN-Maoist, with the rebel group alleging that Maoist supremo Prachanda has deviated from revolutionary ideals.
At the ongoing national conclave of the Maoist hardline faction in Bouddha in the outskirt of Kathmandu, top Maoist leader Vaidya declared the dissociation from the mother party, which was elected as the single largest party in the 2008 Constituent Assembly (CA).
"We have formally split from the UCPN-M and have named the newly formed party CPN-Maoist with the ideology based on the people`s revolt," said faction leader Netra Bikram Chand.
According to the Maoist sources, the new party has been named as CPN-Maoist with Vaidya as the chairman of the party.
Similarly, Ram Bahadur Thapa "Badal" is the general secretary and C P Gajurel is the secretary of the party.
The party`s meeting is still going on in Kathmandu to form the central committee of the party.
Vaidya has blamed Prachanda and Bhattarai for deviating from the official party line.
They have also held the duo responsible for the dissolution of the Constituent Assembly without announcing the Constitution.
The hard-line faction has accused the establishment of turning into revisionist and by losing the revolutionary ideal
The party is going to organise their first press conference on TUesday to formally announce the split.
The split in the Maoist party will have significant effect in the power equation of Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi