Maoist, UML cadres vandalise newspaper offices
Kathmandu: Cadres of UCPN-Maoist and
ruling CPN-UML in Nepal have allegedly vandalised newspaper
offices and assaulted journalists for publishing news reports
against their parties.
Cadres of the Youth Force, a wing of the ruling
CPN-UML, vandalised the office of the Janasambad daily in
Jhapa district, the Freedom Forum, an NGO monitoring press
Separately, the Maoists assaulted some staffers of the
Sudursandesh daily being published from Dhangadhi in western
Nepal for allegedly publishing anti-Maoist news reports.
Around 10 Maoists cadres stormed into the office the
paper in search of the editor and then started attacking other
staff indiscriminately, the newspaper said.
Meanwhile, Federation of Nepalese Journalists said it
would stage protest in the district against the attacks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference