Maoist, UML cadres vandalise newspaper offices
Kathmandu: Cadres of UCPN-Maoist and
ruling CPN-UML in Nepal have allegedly vandalised newspaper
offices and assaulted journalists for publishing news reports
against their parties.
Cadres of the Youth Force, a wing of the ruling
CPN-UML, vandalised the office of the Janasambad daily in
Jhapa district, the Freedom Forum, an NGO monitoring press
Separately, the Maoists assaulted some staffers of the
Sudursandesh daily being published from Dhangadhi in western
Nepal for allegedly publishing anti-Maoist news reports.
Around 10 Maoists cadres stormed into the office the
paper in search of the editor and then started attacking other
staff indiscriminately, the newspaper said.
Meanwhile, Federation of Nepalese Journalists said it
would stage protest in the district against the attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das