Maoist, UML cadres vandalise newspaper offices
Kathmandu: Cadres of UCPN-Maoist and
ruling CPN-UML in Nepal have allegedly vandalised newspaper
offices and assaulted journalists for publishing news reports
against their parties.
Cadres of the Youth Force, a wing of the ruling
CPN-UML, vandalised the office of the Janasambad daily in
Jhapa district, the Freedom Forum, an NGO monitoring press
Separately, the Maoists assaulted some staffers of the
Sudursandesh daily being published from Dhangadhi in western
Nepal for allegedly publishing anti-Maoist news reports.
Around 10 Maoists cadres stormed into the office the
paper in search of the editor and then started attacking other
staff indiscriminately, the newspaper said.
Meanwhile, Federation of Nepalese Journalists said it
would stage protest in the district against the attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars