Maoist, UML cadres vandalise newspaper offices
Kathmandu: Cadres of UCPN-Maoist and
ruling CPN-UML in Nepal have allegedly vandalised newspaper
offices and assaulted journalists for publishing news reports
against their parties.
Cadres of the Youth Force, a wing of the ruling
CPN-UML, vandalised the office of the Janasambad daily in
Jhapa district, the Freedom Forum, an NGO monitoring press
Separately, the Maoists assaulted some staffers of the
Sudursandesh daily being published from Dhangadhi in western
Nepal for allegedly publishing anti-Maoist news reports.
Around 10 Maoists cadres stormed into the office the
paper in search of the editor and then started attacking other
staff indiscriminately, the newspaper said.
Meanwhile, Federation of Nepalese Journalists said it
would stage protest in the district against the attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Good news! Dimpy Ganguly welcomes baby Reanna with blizzards of kisses and hugs - See pic
- Harmanpreet Kaur Bhullar becomes first India Women's cricketer to be signed by overseas T20 team
- Indian politicians funded Hillary Clinton for Indo-US civil nuclear deal: Donald Trump
- In two years Tripura-Assam border with Bangladesh to be totally sealed: Secretary BM
- PM Modi to launch Smart City projects in Pune today