Maoists thrash four Nepal scribes while enforcing strike
Kathmandu: Nepal`s Maoists have thrashed
and beaten up four journalists while enforcing their strike in
the national capital despite their commitment to respect press
Sudarshan Ghimire was beaten up by Maoists at
Maharajgunj while he was riding a motorbike, according the
editor of the monthly Rajendra Dahal.
They also thrashed Arjun Bista in Bhaktapur, Gyanendra
Niraula in Jhapa and Kashiram Sharma in Surkhet. The
journalists were hit by sticks and rods by the Maoist cadre.
Meanwhile, Federation of Nepalese Chamber of Commerce
and Industries, journalists, professionals and local people of
Kathmandu have decided to stage a grand peace rally in
Kathmandu tomorrow to show protest against the Maoists`
indefinite strike as it has severely affected the normal life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report