Maoists thrash four Nepal scribes while enforcing strike
Kathmandu: Nepal`s Maoists have thrashed
and beaten up four journalists while enforcing their strike in
the national capital despite their commitment to respect press
Sudarshan Ghimire was beaten up by Maoists at
Maharajgunj while he was riding a motorbike, according the
editor of the monthly Rajendra Dahal.
They also thrashed Arjun Bista in Bhaktapur, Gyanendra
Niraula in Jhapa and Kashiram Sharma in Surkhet. The
journalists were hit by sticks and rods by the Maoist cadre.
Meanwhile, Federation of Nepalese Chamber of Commerce
and Industries, journalists, professionals and local people of
Kathmandu have decided to stage a grand peace rally in
Kathmandu tomorrow to show protest against the Maoists`
indefinite strike as it has severely affected the normal life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price