Maoists thrash four Nepal scribes while enforcing strike
Kathmandu: Nepal`s Maoists have thrashed
and beaten up four journalists while enforcing their strike in
the national capital despite their commitment to respect press
Sudarshan Ghimire was beaten up by Maoists at
Maharajgunj while he was riding a motorbike, according the
editor of the monthly Rajendra Dahal.
They also thrashed Arjun Bista in Bhaktapur, Gyanendra
Niraula in Jhapa and Kashiram Sharma in Surkhet. The
journalists were hit by sticks and rods by the Maoist cadre.
Meanwhile, Federation of Nepalese Chamber of Commerce
and Industries, journalists, professionals and local people of
Kathmandu have decided to stage a grand peace rally in
Kathmandu tomorrow to show protest against the Maoists`
indefinite strike as it has severely affected the normal life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre