Massive haul of LTTE weapons discovered in SL
Colombo: A major haul of weapons and ammunition belonging to the LTTE has been discovered by the Sri Lankan police in the terror group`s former stronghold of Kilinochchi in the north of the country.
Over 250,000 rounds of live T56 bullets, over 190,000 rounds of MPMP bullets, anti-aircraft gun bullets, 81 mm mortars and claymore bombs were among the cache found hidden in an abandoned water well, the Kilinochchi police said.
Kilinochchi was the seat of the LTTE`s parallel administration in their three decades old fight with the government troops.
Sri Lanka army`s seizure of the town in January 2009 led to the eventual crushing of the separatist outfit four months later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'