Massive haul of LTTE weapons discovered in SL
Colombo: A major haul of weapons and ammunition belonging to the LTTE has been discovered by the Sri Lankan police in the terror group`s former stronghold of Kilinochchi in the north of the country.
Over 250,000 rounds of live T56 bullets, over 190,000 rounds of MPMP bullets, anti-aircraft gun bullets, 81 mm mortars and claymore bombs were among the cache found hidden in an abandoned water well, the Kilinochchi police said.
Kilinochchi was the seat of the LTTE`s parallel administration in their three decades old fight with the government troops.
Sri Lanka army`s seizure of the town in January 2009 led to the eventual crushing of the separatist outfit four months later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!