Massive haul of LTTE weapons discovered in SL
Colombo: A major haul of weapons and ammunition belonging to the LTTE has been discovered by the Sri Lankan police in the terror group`s former stronghold of Kilinochchi in the north of the country.
Over 250,000 rounds of live T56 bullets, over 190,000 rounds of MPMP bullets, anti-aircraft gun bullets, 81 mm mortars and claymore bombs were among the cache found hidden in an abandoned water well, the Kilinochchi police said.
Kilinochchi was the seat of the LTTE`s parallel administration in their three decades old fight with the government troops.
Sri Lanka army`s seizure of the town in January 2009 led to the eventual crushing of the separatist outfit four months later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics