Paris: Pakistani-American businessman Mansoor Ijaz, one of the key figures in the memo scandal, Wednesday said he will present more proof to the judicial commission probing the controversy in Islamabad.
He told a French newspaper that his visa was ready and he will travel to Pakistan to face the inquiry.
Ijaz said some people in Pakistan were trying to delay his visit but they are just wasting time. He also said that he has been receiving threats and has lost their count, Geo TV reported.
He said the army has "shown patience over the government`s arrogant attitude".
Ijaz claims to have delivered a memo to the then chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mike Mullen in May last year at the behest of then US envoy Husain Haqqani and the Pakistani government to avert a likely military coup. The claim kicked off a scandal that generated much heat in Pakistan.
According to media reports, Ijaz has been issued a visa from the Pakistan embassy in Bern, Switzerland, and will be able to travel to Pakistan Jan 24 to appear before the inquiry commission.
A three-member judicial commission constituted by the Supreme Court is currently probing the controversy.
Earlier, BlackBerry maker Research in Motion (RIM) had refused to release Ijaz`s phone data regarding the memo.
The Canada-based manufacturer has said that their privacy laws prohibit disclosure of a customer`s data to any other party without the consent of the parties concerned.
RIM`s response was to a sealed letter from the attorney general of Pakistan.