Memogate: `Husain Haqqani`s phones missing`
Islamabad: Husain Haqqani`s lawyer Zahid Bokhari on Monday said that his client`s phones are missing.
Talking to reporters after memo commission hearing ended today, Bokhari said Haqqani`s phones are still being hunted.
The lawyer also said that Pakistani-American businessman Mansoor Ijaz, one of the key figures in the memo scandal, should not be granted an extension to appear before a three-member judicial commission probing the memo case.
Ijaz today sought more time to appear before the commission.
Ijaz’s counsel Akram Sheikh told the commission that his client has applied for a visa at the Swiss embassy and he might be able to appear before it on January 24, Geo News reported.
In another development, BlackBerry maker Research in Motion (RIM) has refused to release data regarding the memo that said President Asif Ali Zardari feared a military coup last year.
Ijaz, who lives in the US, claims to have delivered a memo to the then chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mike Mullen in May last year at the behest of Haqqani and the Pakistani government to avert a likely military coup. The claim kicked off a scandal that generated much heat in Pakistan.
The scandal led to the country`s then US envoy Husain Haqqani stepping down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!