Memogate: Pak commission summons Malik
Islamabad: Pakistan`s commission, which is investigating the memogate scandal, on Tuesday summoned Interior Minister Rehman Malik for making “controversial” statements pertaining to the row.
According to reports, the commission met today even as the man behind the memogate scandal, American businessman Mansoor Ijaz refused to come to Pakistan due to the reservations over his security.
During the meeting that took place in the Islamabad High Court (IHC) building, chairman of the commission Justice Qazi Faez Issa made inquiries about Ijaz’s refusal to come to Pakistan.
Justice Issa further remarked that the commission had not issued any directive to dissociate the Interior Ministry from Ijaz’s security.
Ijaz’s counsel, Akram Shaikh, reportedly told the commission that his client was receiving threats from the government machinery. Shaikh said government’s representatives were issuing threatening statements against his client.
Moreover, in a written statement, Ijaz said his arrival could have led to a clash between Pakistan’s state institutions.
Issuing a summon to the Interior Minister, Justice Issa said Rehman Malik was intervening in the commission’s affairs.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?