Memogate: ‘Pasha didn’t visit Arab countries’
Rawalpindi: The Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) has vehemently denied contents of an article which mentioned about Director General Ahmad Shuja Pasha’s visit to Arab countries.
"An article was published in the daily The Independent, UK on December 13, 2011, in which Mr. Omar Waraich has made false assertions regarding DG ISI``s visit to Arab countries", the News quoted an ISPR statement, as saying.
It was earlier said Pasha called on senior Arab leaders to seek permission for staging a military coup in Pakistan.
The ISPR statement said Pasha did not meet any Arab leader between May 1 and 9, as mentioned in the article.
The statement added that Pasha visited Arab countries as a part of routine intelligence sharing activity.
“Contents of the article are strongly and categorically denied. A legal notice is being served to the newspaper to retract the story and apologize," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore