Memogate: ‘Pasha didn’t visit Arab countries’
Rawalpindi: The Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) has vehemently denied contents of an article which mentioned about Director General Ahmad Shuja Pasha’s visit to Arab countries.
"An article was published in the daily The Independent, UK on December 13, 2011, in which Mr. Omar Waraich has made false assertions regarding DG ISI``s visit to Arab countries", the News quoted an ISPR statement, as saying.
It was earlier said Pasha called on senior Arab leaders to seek permission for staging a military coup in Pakistan.
The ISPR statement said Pasha did not meet any Arab leader between May 1 and 9, as mentioned in the article.
The statement added that Pasha visited Arab countries as a part of routine intelligence sharing activity.
“Contents of the article are strongly and categorically denied. A legal notice is being served to the newspaper to retract the story and apologize," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder