Memogate: ‘Pasha didn’t visit Arab countries’
Rawalpindi: The Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) has vehemently denied contents of an article which mentioned about Director General Ahmad Shuja Pasha’s visit to Arab countries.
"An article was published in the daily The Independent, UK on December 13, 2011, in which Mr. Omar Waraich has made false assertions regarding DG ISI``s visit to Arab countries", the News quoted an ISPR statement, as saying.
It was earlier said Pasha called on senior Arab leaders to seek permission for staging a military coup in Pakistan.
The ISPR statement said Pasha did not meet any Arab leader between May 1 and 9, as mentioned in the article.
The statement added that Pasha visited Arab countries as a part of routine intelligence sharing activity.
“Contents of the article are strongly and categorically denied. A legal notice is being served to the newspaper to retract the story and apologize," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report