Memogate: ‘Pasha didn’t visit Arab countries’
Rawalpindi: The Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) has vehemently denied contents of an article which mentioned about Director General Ahmad Shuja Pasha’s visit to Arab countries.
"An article was published in the daily The Independent, UK on December 13, 2011, in which Mr. Omar Waraich has made false assertions regarding DG ISI``s visit to Arab countries", the News quoted an ISPR statement, as saying.
It was earlier said Pasha called on senior Arab leaders to seek permission for staging a military coup in Pakistan.
The ISPR statement said Pasha did not meet any Arab leader between May 1 and 9, as mentioned in the article.
The statement added that Pasha visited Arab countries as a part of routine intelligence sharing activity.
“Contents of the article are strongly and categorically denied. A legal notice is being served to the newspaper to retract the story and apologize," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket