Memogate: ‘Pasha didn’t visit Arab countries’
Rawalpindi: The Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) has vehemently denied contents of an article which mentioned about Director General Ahmad Shuja Pasha’s visit to Arab countries.
"An article was published in the daily The Independent, UK on December 13, 2011, in which Mr. Omar Waraich has made false assertions regarding DG ISI``s visit to Arab countries", the News quoted an ISPR statement, as saying.
It was earlier said Pasha called on senior Arab leaders to seek permission for staging a military coup in Pakistan.
The ISPR statement said Pasha did not meet any Arab leader between May 1 and 9, as mentioned in the article.
The statement added that Pasha visited Arab countries as a part of routine intelligence sharing activity.
“Contents of the article are strongly and categorically denied. A legal notice is being served to the newspaper to retract the story and apologize," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth