Men shave off woman`s hair, parade her in Pak streets
Lahore: Five men allegedly shaved off the hair and eyebrows of a young woman and paraded her in the streets of a village in Pakistan`s Punjab province, police officials said on Thursday.
The incident occurred yesterday in Layyah district, 350 km from Lahore, after the married woman was accused of having "illicit" relations with a man.
According to an FIR registered by police, Parveen Bibi, 25, the wife of Sabir Husain, had a quarrel with her sisters-in-law.
Yesterday, her brothers-in-law Muhammad Pervaiz and Muhammad Zafar and three other men shaved off her hair and eyebrows. They then blackened her face and paraded her through the streets of their village.
Police arrested Parveen`s sisters-in-law and a man named Muhammad. The woman?s brothers-in-law are still at large.
Shafiq told police that Parveen had developed "illicit" relations with a man of her neighbourhood.
"We stopped her from meeting him but she continued seeing him," Shafiq, who is related to Parveen, told the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?