Mild earthquake jolts southern Iran
Tehran: Iran`s state seismological centre
says an earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.2 has
struck the country`s south.
The centre says the epicentre was near the town of
Andimeshk, some 280 miles southwest of Tehran. It says the
quake occurred at 1025GMT on Tuesday.
There were no immediate reports of casualties or damages.
However, an earthquake over 5.0-magnitude could damage old
buildings and shatter windows.
Iran is crisscrossed by seismic fault lines and
earthquakes frequently rattle the country but they usually
cause little damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says