Mild earthquake jolts southern Iran
Tehran: Iran`s state seismological centre
says an earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.2 has
struck the country`s south.
The centre says the epicentre was near the town of
Andimeshk, some 280 miles southwest of Tehran. It says the
quake occurred at 1025GMT on Tuesday.
There were no immediate reports of casualties or damages.
However, an earthquake over 5.0-magnitude could damage old
buildings and shatter windows.
Iran is crisscrossed by seismic fault lines and
earthquakes frequently rattle the country but they usually
cause little damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials