Mild earthquake jolts southern Iran
Tehran: Iran`s state seismological centre
says an earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.2 has
struck the country`s south.
The centre says the epicentre was near the town of
Andimeshk, some 280 miles southwest of Tehran. It says the
quake occurred at 1025GMT on Tuesday.
There were no immediate reports of casualties or damages.
However, an earthquake over 5.0-magnitude could damage old
buildings and shatter windows.
Iran is crisscrossed by seismic fault lines and
earthquakes frequently rattle the country but they usually
cause little damage.
- See pic: NASA releases updated global map of Pluto!
- PM Narendra Modi launches 'Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana' on Labour Day, calls himself no. 1 labourer of India
- La Liga 2015-16: Barcelona beat Betis to remain top, Atletico, Real keep up pressure
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls California protesters 'thugs, criminals'
- Arvind Kejriwal questions PM Narendra Modi's qualification, report claims he scored 62.3% in MA