Mild earthquake jolts southern Iran
Tehran: Iran`s state seismological centre
says an earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.2 has
struck the country`s south.
The centre says the epicentre was near the town of
Andimeshk, some 280 miles southwest of Tehran. It says the
quake occurred at 1025GMT on Tuesday.
There were no immediate reports of casualties or damages.
However, an earthquake over 5.0-magnitude could damage old
buildings and shatter windows.
Iran is crisscrossed by seismic fault lines and
earthquakes frequently rattle the country but they usually
cause little damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'