Mild tremors felt in Pakistan`s Balochistan province
Islamabad: Two mild earthquakes on Friday struck Pakistan`s restive Balochistan province which is still reeling from the devastation caused by a temblor that killed over 500 people in September.
Today`s earthquake was felt in Sibi, Mach, Quetta and nearby areas. The magnitude of the first earthquake was 4.9 and the epicenter was 22km east of Mach, according to the United States Geological Survey (USGS).
The tremors caused fear and disorder, with people running out of their homes and into the streets.
A second quake was felt in the area, adding more fears.
A 7.7-magnitude quake had struck Balochistan on September 24, spreading havoc through Awaran and Kech districts and southwestern parts of the country. Over 500 people were killed and more than 800 injured in the tragedy.
The quake had destroyed access routes to many areas in the province, making it difficult to determine exact figures of the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family