Militant attack on check-post foiled in Pakistan
Islamabad: Police in Pakistan have claimed to have thwarted a militant attack by as many as 50 men on a check-post in Peshwar, Geo News reported Saturday.
The incident occurred after militants ambushed Aza Khel check-post with heavy weapons in Matni area on the outskirts of Peshawar.
Police and the attackers exchanged fire for over an hour due to which heavy contingents of security forces were also called in.
Militants later managed to flee. But there was no immediate report of any casualty following the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened