Militant attack on check-post foiled in Pakistan
Islamabad: Police in Pakistan have claimed to have thwarted a militant attack by as many as 50 men on a check-post in Peshwar, Geo News reported Saturday.
The incident occurred after militants ambushed Aza Khel check-post with heavy weapons in Matni area on the outskirts of Peshawar.
Police and the attackers exchanged fire for over an hour due to which heavy contingents of security forces were also called in.
Militants later managed to flee. But there was no immediate report of any casualty following the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley