Militants assail NATO base in Afghanistan
Kandahar: A suicide bomber and three gunmen
assaulted a NATO base in southern Afghanistan on Sunday but failed
to breach its defences, officials said.
The bomber detonated his explosives outside the gate of a
base in Qalat, the capital of Zabul province, said Salim
Ahsas, the southern regional head of the Afghan police.
The gunmen then started to shoot toward the base. One was
killed, another was captured and the third escaped, Ahsas
No one else was killed, he said. The Interior Ministry
said in a statement that three civilians were wounded one
woman and two children.
The attack occurred on the same day that a government
health worker and his driver were killed in a roadside bomb
blast in the north.
Ahmad Jawed Karim and his driver hit an explosive as they
were driving in Takhar province`s Dahana Sangi district, the
health ministry said in a statement.
In the south meanwhile, two international service members were killed one in an insurgent attack and the other in a bomb
NATO forces said the service members died today but did
not provide further detail.
NATO typically waits for national authorities to identify
their dead and provide details of fatal incidents.
The latest military death makes 78 international troops
killed so far this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price