Militants attack NATO containers in Pak, one killed
Islamabad: Suspected militants attacked NATO container trucks in Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Thursday, killing a man and injuring two others, security officials said.
The Afghanistan-bound trucks were attacked on the National Highway near Khuzdar, officials of the Levies militia said.
A driver was killed instantly and two others were hurt, they said.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Pro-Taliban militants have killed dozens of people and destroyed hundreds of container trucks and oil tankers in attacks on vehicles ferrying supplies to NATO and US forces in Afghanistan over the past few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok