Militants blow up NATO oil tanker in Pak
Peshawar: Militants in northwest Pakistan blew up an oil tanker ferrying fuel to NATO forces in Afghanistan on Saturday, injuring the vehicle’s driver and cleaner.
The tanker was targeted with a roadside bomb in Sur Kamar area of the restive Khyber tribal region while it was en route to Afghanistan.
The tanker, which was carrying thousands of litres of fuel, went up in flames after the blast, officials said.
A NATO oil tanker and a container truck were destroyed in an attack at the Torkhum border crossing in Khyber Agency yesterday, though no one was injured.
Pro-Taliban militants often target NATO supply vehicles in the Khyber Agency.
Hundreds of vehicles have been destroyed in such attacks across northwest Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1