Militants blow up NATO tanker in Peshawar
Peshawar: Militants blew up a tanker
carrying fuel for NATO forces in Afghanistan on the outskirts
of this north-western Pakistani city on Thursday, police said.
The militants fired a rocket at the oil tanker and
destroyed it in the Ring Road area, police said.
Fire fighters rushed to the spot and extinguished the
blaze. A search operation was launched in the area though no
arrests were made, police said.
Pro-Taliban militants in northwest Pakistan have
destroyed scores of tankers and container trucks ferrying oil
and supplies to US and NATO forces in Afghanistan over the
past two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog