Militants blow up NATO tanker in Peshawar
Peshawar: Militants blew up a tanker
carrying fuel for NATO forces in Afghanistan on the outskirts
of this north-western Pakistani city on Thursday, police said.
The militants fired a rocket at the oil tanker and
destroyed it in the Ring Road area, police said.
Fire fighters rushed to the spot and extinguished the
blaze. A search operation was launched in the area though no
arrests were made, police said.
Pro-Taliban militants in northwest Pakistan have
destroyed scores of tankers and container trucks ferrying oil
and supplies to US and NATO forces in Afghanistan over the
past two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cheat days? John Abraham’s words will give you serious fitness goals – Read more
- Govt lists GST Bill for consideration and passage in Rajya Sabha's agenda for next week
- Kasol - Rejuvenate yourself with serenity, peace in the nature's lap
- Gurgaon waterlogging: This is how Twitterati reacted after traffic choked Gurugram
- Bridge collapses in Nepal due to flooding – watch dramatic video