Militants blow up school, set ablaze tankers in Pakistan
Islamabad: Militants blew up a girls primary school while unidentified people set fire to seven oil tankers on Monday in Pakistan`s tribal region bordering Afghanistan.
A government girls primary school was blown up in Baizai while unidentified people set fire to seven empty oil tankers parked in Landi Kotal in Mohmand district, Xinhua reported.
The number of schools so far destroyed by militants in Mohmand district has reached 40.
The Pakistani Taliban, opposed to women`s education, have destroyed hundreds of schools in the country in the past two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Google beats Oracle in $9 billion Android trial
- Google triumphs over Oracle in copyright case
- Madhya Pradesh IAS officer transferred for 'praising' Nehru on Facebook? Congress to stage protests
- Supreme Court refuses to stay NEET ordinance, says it will create confusion
- Man gets melon-sized tumour removed from his neck after 25 years – Watch!