Militants blow up school, set ablaze tankers in Pakistan
Islamabad: Militants blew up a girls primary school while unidentified people set fire to seven oil tankers on Monday in Pakistan`s tribal region bordering Afghanistan.
A government girls primary school was blown up in Baizai while unidentified people set fire to seven empty oil tankers parked in Landi Kotal in Mohmand district, Xinhua reported.
The number of schools so far destroyed by militants in Mohmand district has reached 40.
The Pakistani Taliban, opposed to women`s education, have destroyed hundreds of schools in the country in the past two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers