Militants blow up school, set ablaze tankers in Pakistan
Islamabad: Militants blew up a girls primary school while unidentified people set fire to seven oil tankers on Monday in Pakistan`s tribal region bordering Afghanistan.
A government girls primary school was blown up in Baizai while unidentified people set fire to seven empty oil tankers parked in Landi Kotal in Mohmand district, Xinhua reported.
The number of schools so far destroyed by militants in Mohmand district has reached 40.
The Pakistani Taliban, opposed to women`s education, have destroyed hundreds of schools in the country in the past two years.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Investigative agencies have ability to find money trail: Jayant Sinha
- Theory that UPA blacklisted AgustaWestland 'figment of somebody's imagination', says Arun Jaitley
- Sex once a week best for your relationship
- 'The Flash' movie loses director over creative differences?
- Odd-even scheme again successful: Gopal Rai