Militants blow up three schools in Pak tribal belt
Peshawar: Pro-Taliban militants on Thursday blew
up three schools in the lawless Orakzai tribal region in
northwest Pakistan, where security forces killed at least five
insurgents and apprehended 23 more.
The three schools were destroyed by the militants in
Mamozai area of Orakzai tribal agency, official sources said.
The attacks were the latest in a slew of militant
Security forces also apprehended five militants in Mishti
Mela and Feroze Khel areas of Orakzai, the sources said.
In the Khyber tribal region, five militants were killed
and 18 others, including two commanders of the Lashkar-e-Islam
group, were arrested in Bara sub-division, the sources said.
Pakistani officials have claimed that over 450 militants
have been killed since security forces launched an operation
in Orakzai about four weeks ago.
The figure cannot be independently confirmed as
journalists are barred from reporting from the conflict zone.
Security forces also claim to have consolidated their
positions in most parts of Orakzai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah