Militants fire rockets at NATO trucks terminal in Pak
Islamabad: Two persons were injured when militants fired several rockets at a terminal for NATO container trucks on the outskirts of Quetta city in southwest Pakistan on Friday.
The militants attacked the terminal in Hazar Ganji area of Quetta this evening, police officials were quoted as saying by state-run Radio Pakistan.
Two persons were injured in the attack, the officials said.
Eight containers and three oil tankers were destroyed in the incident and a nearby patrol pump caught fire, the officials said.
Law enforcement personnel cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
The terminal is used by NATO supply vehicles bound for Afghanistan.
Earlier in the day, a low intensity bomb went off outside an office of the Quetta Development Authority though there were no reports of casualties.
No group claimed responsibility for the two attacks, which came a day after 100 people were killed and over 200 injured in a string of bombings across Quetta.
Eighty-eight people were killed when a snooker club in a Shia-dominated area was targeted by a suicide attacker and a car bomb late last night.
Twelve people were killed when a bomb went off near a security check post yesterday afternoon.
The Lashkar-e-Jhangvi claimed responsibility for the attack on the snooker club while the United Baluch Army, a separatist group, said it had targeted the security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video