Militants fire rockets at NATO trucks terminal in Pak
Islamabad: Two persons were injured when militants fired several rockets at a terminal for NATO container trucks on the outskirts of Quetta city in southwest Pakistan on Friday.
The militants attacked the terminal in Hazar Ganji area of Quetta this evening, police officials were quoted as saying by state-run Radio Pakistan.
Two persons were injured in the attack, the officials said.
Eight containers and three oil tankers were destroyed in the incident and a nearby patrol pump caught fire, the officials said.
Law enforcement personnel cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
The terminal is used by NATO supply vehicles bound for Afghanistan.
Earlier in the day, a low intensity bomb went off outside an office of the Quetta Development Authority though there were no reports of casualties.
No group claimed responsibility for the two attacks, which came a day after 100 people were killed and over 200 injured in a string of bombings across Quetta.
Eighty-eight people were killed when a snooker club in a Shia-dominated area was targeted by a suicide attacker and a car bomb late last night.
Twelve people were killed when a bomb went off near a security check post yesterday afternoon.
The Lashkar-e-Jhangvi claimed responsibility for the attack on the snooker club while the United Baluch Army, a separatist group, said it had targeted the security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'