Militants gun down six people in Pakistan
Islamabad: Six labourers were gunned down by terrorists in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan, according to media reports on Monday.
The men were shot dead in Shadi Kaur area of Gwadar district yesterday.
They were identified by officials as residents of Zhob district.
The workers were attacked in the early hours yesterday at a place about 25 km from Pasni town on the coastal highway linking Gwadar and Karachi.
The men were working on the highway when four gunmen on motorcycles lined them up, checked their identity and opened fire.
"A 12-year-old boy, who was spared by the gunmen, gave details of the incident to law enforcement personnel," Naeem Gichki, Assistant Commissioner of Pasni, told Pakistani newspaper Dawn.
The daily reported that there was no security for labourers working on highways and roads across the province though several such incidents have occurred in recent years.
Gwadar district police officials said security forces were looking for the killers but no arrest had been made so far.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler