Militants gun down six people in Pakistan
Islamabad: Six labourers were gunned down by terrorists in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan, according to media reports on Monday.
The men were shot dead in Shadi Kaur area of Gwadar district yesterday.
They were identified by officials as residents of Zhob district.
The workers were attacked in the early hours yesterday at a place about 25 km from Pasni town on the coastal highway linking Gwadar and Karachi.
The men were working on the highway when four gunmen on motorcycles lined them up, checked their identity and opened fire.
"A 12-year-old boy, who was spared by the gunmen, gave details of the incident to law enforcement personnel," Naeem Gichki, Assistant Commissioner of Pasni, told Pakistani newspaper Dawn.
The daily reported that there was no security for labourers working on highways and roads across the province though several such incidents have occurred in recent years.
Gwadar district police officials said security forces were looking for the killers but no arrest had been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city