Militants kill 2 members of pro-govt militia in Pak
Islamabad: Pro-Taliban militants killed two members of a pro-government militia and injured two policemen in the restive Bajaur tribal region of Pakistan, officials said on Friday.
About a dozen militants attacked the homes of two tribal elders near Khar, the main town in Bajaur Agency, late last night.
The houses were targeted with rockets.
The elders, members of a pro-government militia, were killed and two policemen were injured, officials said.
Pakistani security forces have backed the creation of private militias in the tribal belt to back them in the drive against the Taliban.
The attack came days after US officials said they hoped to open talks with the Afghan Taliban in Qatar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users