Militants kill 4 soldiers in Pak`s S Waziristan
Islamabad: Four Pakistani soldiers were
killed in an attack by militants in the restive South
Waziristan tribal region, according to a media report today.
The soldiers from a bomb disposal squad died in a rocket
attack in Sararogha area of South Waziristan Agency yesterday,
military officials were quoted as saying by The News daily.
The bomb disposal squad was moving ahead of an army
convoy in the mountainous region when it was attacked by
Four soldiers were killed instantly while several others
were injured, the officials said.
The troops launched a retaliatory action and killed two
militants who were involved in the attack, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days