Militants kill 4, torch NATO oil tankers in Pakistan
Karachi: Armed militants killed four people, including two policemen, and torched NATO oil tankers on Sunday in separate incidents of violence in Pakistan`s troubled Balochistan province.
The militants killed four persons in the volatile Kach and Sibi districts while the oil tankers carrying fuel for NATO forces in Afghanistan were torched in Khuzdar district, police said.
"In one incident armed men on a motorcycle opened fire on a car in Tump tehsil in Kach district and two persons inside the car died on the spot," a police official said.
The miscreants kidnapped the third person in the car, the official said, adding that the incident appears to be an act of target killing.
In another incident, armed militants opened fire at a police sub inspector on the outskirts of Turbat town, killing him on the spot.
"They killed sub inspector Jan Muhammad in the area," a police official said.
Another police official was killed when armed militants opened fire at him in Sibi bazar.
Police said the two gunmen, riding a motorcycle, opened fire on the police constable deployed at the bazaar, killing him on the spot.
The oil tankers carrying supplies for NATO troops in Afghanistan were fired at and torched in Pishik area of Khuzdar district tonight.
Four gunmen on motorcycles opened fire at the tankers forcing the drivers and cleaners to flee the scene, an official said.
"The militants then torched the two tankers after throwing petrol on them and set them ablaze," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir