Militants kill alleged spy in Pakistan tribal area
Peshawar: Pakistani officials say that militants have killed a man they suspected of providing information that led to a US drone strike in which a top militant commander lost his life.
Two intelligence officials said that the body was found today by the side of the road in the town of Wana in South Waziristan.
A note attached to the body said the man was a spy and was involved in the death of Maulvi Nazir, a commander in South Waziristan who was killed in a January 2 US drone attack.
Another note told local residents not to move the body until after 10 AM as a warning to others.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to brief the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM