Militants kill alleged spy in Pakistan tribal area
Peshawar: Pakistani officials say that militants have killed a man they suspected of providing information that led to a US drone strike in which a top militant commander lost his life.
Two intelligence officials said that the body was found today by the side of the road in the town of Wana in South Waziristan.
A note attached to the body said the man was a spy and was involved in the death of Maulvi Nazir, a commander in South Waziristan who was killed in a January 2 US drone attack.
Another note told local residents not to move the body until after 10 AM as a warning to others.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to brief the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?