Militants kill alleged spy in Pakistan tribal area
Peshawar: Pakistani officials say that militants have killed a man they suspected of providing information that led to a US drone strike in which a top militant commander lost his life.
Two intelligence officials said that the body was found today by the side of the road in the town of Wana in South Waziristan.
A note attached to the body said the man was a spy and was involved in the death of Maulvi Nazir, a commander in South Waziristan who was killed in a January 2 US drone attack.
Another note told local residents not to move the body until after 10 AM as a warning to others.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to brief the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final