Militants kill six soldiers in northwest Pakistan
Peshawar: Militants attacked a military convoy with rocket-propelled grenades and other heavy weapons in northwest Pakistan, killing six soldiers said a senior police official.
Shafiullah Khan says two soldiers were wounded in the attack today, 20 kilometres south of the main northwest city of Peshawar. Two vehicles were destroyed.
Khan says the soldiers retaliated, killing four militants.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attack, but suspicion will likely fall on the Pakistani Taliban.
The Taliban have been waging an insurgency against the Pakistani government for years that has killed thousands of security personnel and civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test