Militants kill six soldiers in northwest Pakistan
Peshawar: Militants attacked a military convoy with rocket-propelled grenades and other heavy weapons in northwest Pakistan, killing six soldiers said a senior police official.
Shafiullah Khan says two soldiers were wounded in the attack today, 20 kilometres south of the main northwest city of Peshawar. Two vehicles were destroyed.
Khan says the soldiers retaliated, killing four militants.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attack, but suspicion will likely fall on the Pakistani Taliban.
The Taliban have been waging an insurgency against the Pakistani government for years that has killed thousands of security personnel and civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016