`Mini-Parl` to resolve Nepal`s political crisis
Kathmandu: A two-day "Mini-Parliament", involving representatives from all political parties, civil and ethnic groups, has been convened to draw a road-map to resolve Nepal`s current political stalemate.
"I have called a general assembly involving all political parties, ethnic groups and civil society members on Friday and Saturday during which serious discussions will be held to draw a road map to promulgate the constitution and rescue the country from the current political crisis through consensus among all sides," Sadbhawana Party President and Health Minister Rajendra Mahato told a press conference here on Wednesday.
Some 400 representatives including Maoist chief Prachanda, Nepali Congress President Sushil Koirala, CPN-UML President Jhalanath Khanal and other senior leaders from different ethnic groups such as Madhesis, Dalits, women and marginalised groups, civil society leaders and media persons are invited at the two-day conference, he said.
Mahato`s "Mini-Parliament" is being convened at a time when major parties including Nepali Congress and CPN-UML are demanding Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai`s resignation to pave way for forming a national consensus government.
The opposition parties have announced that they would boycott the fresh election for Constituent Assembly called by Bhattarai for November 22 saying that the move was "unilateral and undemocratic".
The gathering will serve as platform for the political parties to resolve the contentious issues of the constitution and finding an alternative to Bhattarai, who has come under fire from the opposition amidst intensified pressure for his ouster.
Nepal is currently passing through a deeper political crisis with the parties failing to draft the constitution mainly due to disagreement over whether the states should be federated on the basis of single ethnicity or multi-ethnic-cultural-geographical basis.
Meanwhile, President Ram Baran Yadav indicated that he would endorse only partial budget for the new fiscal year as pressure mounts from opposition parties including Nepali Congress and CPN-UML not to announce full budget for new fiscal year beginning mid-July unless national consensus was formed on the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'