Minor earthquake shakes northern Afghanistan
Kabul: An earthquake of 5.5 magnitude has rattled the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan, but there are no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
US Geological Survey says that the quake occurred today at 4:29 pm local time.
The epicentre, in southern Badakhshan province, is 280
kilometres northeast of the Afghan capital of Kabul where the
quake was felt for about 15 seconds.
The earthquake also was detected in neighbouring Afghan
provinces and created slight tremors in Pakistan`s capital,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA