Minor killed, 3 injured in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: A four-year-old girl was on Sunday killed and three others were injured after a remote-controlled bomb exploded near a mosque in the restive Khyber tribal region in northwest Pakistan, officials said.
The bomb was planted near the entrance of the mosque in Landi Kotal town of Khyber Agency, officials of the political administration said.
A house near the mosque was damaged by the blast. Soon after the explosion, paramilitary troops cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack. In a similar such incident on Saturday, at least six persons were killed and about 30 others were injured when a bomb went off inside a mosque in Peshawar.
In recent weeks, Peshawar and other parts of the northwestern Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province have witnessed a string of attacks blamed on the Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- READ! Facts about the 'carpenter' Kusal Mendis who made history against Australia
- Shocking: MP police ask three accused to remove clothes in lock-up – Know what happens next
- Burhan Wani may have been spared, hints J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti
- ASUS unveils new ''ROG'' gaming desktop; price starts Rs 1.85 lakh
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'