Minor killed, 3 injured in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: A four-year-old girl was on Sunday killed and three others were injured after a remote-controlled bomb exploded near a mosque in the restive Khyber tribal region in northwest Pakistan, officials said.
The bomb was planted near the entrance of the mosque in Landi Kotal town of Khyber Agency, officials of the political administration said.
A house near the mosque was damaged by the blast. Soon after the explosion, paramilitary troops cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack. In a similar such incident on Saturday, at least six persons were killed and about 30 others were injured when a bomb went off inside a mosque in Peshawar.
In recent weeks, Peshawar and other parts of the northwestern Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province have witnessed a string of attacks blamed on the Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir