Minor killed, 3 injured in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: A four-year-old girl was on Sunday killed and three others were injured after a remote-controlled bomb exploded near a mosque in the restive Khyber tribal region in northwest Pakistan, officials said.
The bomb was planted near the entrance of the mosque in Landi Kotal town of Khyber Agency, officials of the political administration said.
A house near the mosque was damaged by the blast. Soon after the explosion, paramilitary troops cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack. In a similar such incident on Saturday, at least six persons were killed and about 30 others were injured when a bomb went off inside a mosque in Peshawar.
In recent weeks, Peshawar and other parts of the northwestern Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province have witnessed a string of attacks blamed on the Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees