Minor killed, 3 injured in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: A four-year-old girl was on Sunday killed and three others were injured after a remote-controlled bomb exploded near a mosque in the restive Khyber tribal region in northwest Pakistan, officials said.
The bomb was planted near the entrance of the mosque in Landi Kotal town of Khyber Agency, officials of the political administration said.
A house near the mosque was damaged by the blast. Soon after the explosion, paramilitary troops cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack. In a similar such incident on Saturday, at least six persons were killed and about 30 others were injured when a bomb went off inside a mosque in Peshawar.
In recent weeks, Peshawar and other parts of the northwestern Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province have witnessed a string of attacks blamed on the Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?