Monitor arms supply to Pakistan: India to US
New Delhi: India has conveyed to the US its concern over the misuse of American arms aid by Pakistan.
During his meeting with the US Joint Chief of Staff Committee Chairman Admiral Mike Mullen here on Friday, Defence Minister AK Antony suggested that America needs to set up a monitoring mechanism to ensure that the arms it`s giving to Pakistan to combat terrorism is not diverted and used against India.
In a 45-minute meeting at South Block, Antony also expressed his apprehensions that American arms aid was disproportionate to the war on terror for which it was meant.
US military supplies to Pakistan in 2010 were expected to be over the USD 300 million that they have grossed annually.
Among the supplies are F-16 Fighting Falcon combat aircraft. Most of the hardware that the US is supplying to Pakistan is classified but the list is known to include Harpoon missiles, heavy artillery guns and helicopter gunships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed