Monitor arms supply to Pakistan: India to US
New Delhi: India has conveyed to the US its concern over the misuse of American arms aid by Pakistan.
During his meeting with the US Joint Chief of Staff Committee Chairman Admiral Mike Mullen here on Friday, Defence Minister AK Antony suggested that America needs to set up a monitoring mechanism to ensure that the arms it`s giving to Pakistan to combat terrorism is not diverted and used against India.
In a 45-minute meeting at South Block, Antony also expressed his apprehensions that American arms aid was disproportionate to the war on terror for which it was meant.
US military supplies to Pakistan in 2010 were expected to be over the USD 300 million that they have grossed annually.
Among the supplies are F-16 Fighting Falcon combat aircraft. Most of the hardware that the US is supplying to Pakistan is classified but the list is known to include Harpoon missiles, heavy artillery guns and helicopter gunships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa