Mortars fired from Afghanistan: Pak security offic
Islamabad: Pakistani security officials Monday said that mortars were fired from the Afghan side of the border that killed a child and injured a woman and a child in the Bajaur tribal region.
"Terrorists fired a mortar round from Ganjgil Top on the Afghanistan side at 2:30 pm," a security official said.
The mortar hit a house in Hilal Khel village of Bajaur Agency, killing a child, he said. A child and a woman were also injured in the same area.
Security officials said Pakistan would lodge a protest with the Afghan government over the incident.
This was the latest incident of cross-border firing that has heightened tensions between Islamabad and Kabul.
Four civilians in a border village in Pakistan`s South Waziristan Agency were killed in the firing from the Afghan side on November 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan