Mortars fired from Afghanistan: Pak security offic
Islamabad: Pakistani security officials Monday said that mortars were fired from the Afghan side of the border that killed a child and injured a woman and a child in the Bajaur tribal region.
"Terrorists fired a mortar round from Ganjgil Top on the Afghanistan side at 2:30 pm," a security official said.
The mortar hit a house in Hilal Khel village of Bajaur Agency, killing a child, he said. A child and a woman were also injured in the same area.
Security officials said Pakistan would lodge a protest with the Afghan government over the incident.
This was the latest incident of cross-border firing that has heightened tensions between Islamabad and Kabul.
Four civilians in a border village in Pakistan`s South Waziristan Agency were killed in the firing from the Afghan side on November 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics