Mortars fired from Afghanistan: Pak security offic
Islamabad: Pakistani security officials Monday said that mortars were fired from the Afghan side of the border that killed a child and injured a woman and a child in the Bajaur tribal region.
"Terrorists fired a mortar round from Ganjgil Top on the Afghanistan side at 2:30 pm," a security official said.
The mortar hit a house in Hilal Khel village of Bajaur Agency, killing a child, he said. A child and a woman were also injured in the same area.
Security officials said Pakistan would lodge a protest with the Afghan government over the incident.
This was the latest incident of cross-border firing that has heightened tensions between Islamabad and Kabul.
Four civilians in a border village in Pakistan`s South Waziristan Agency were killed in the firing from the Afghan side on November 12.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists