Mortars fired from Afghanistan: Pak security offic
Islamabad: Pakistani security officials Monday said that mortars were fired from the Afghan side of the border that killed a child and injured a woman and a child in the Bajaur tribal region.
"Terrorists fired a mortar round from Ganjgil Top on the Afghanistan side at 2:30 pm," a security official said.
The mortar hit a house in Hilal Khel village of Bajaur Agency, killing a child, he said. A child and a woman were also injured in the same area.
Security officials said Pakistan would lodge a protest with the Afghan government over the incident.
This was the latest incident of cross-border firing that has heightened tensions between Islamabad and Kabul.
Four civilians in a border village in Pakistan`s South Waziristan Agency were killed in the firing from the Afghan side on November 12.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India