Most Pakistanis happy with 100 days of Nawaz government
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif received 62 percent approval of the masses across the country for his performance during his first 100 days in office.
The poll, conducted by the Pakistan Institute of Legislative Development and Transparency (PILDAT), is a performance-tracker of the new federal government led by the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) reported.
Sharif`s policy of seeking harmony with state institutions and provincial governments was given the highest rating, according to the survey report released Sep 15, observed as International Day of Democracy.
With the change of government on June 5, after the May 11 elections, more people (44 percent) are optimistic about the government`s ability to address current issues, the survey said.
The Punjab government got the best rating out of the four provincial governments while the Sindh government was given the poorest rating.
According to the survey, 46 percent of the people gave a "good" rating to the Sharif government in dealing with terrorism, while 52 percent gave it a "positive" rating for coping with the electricity shortage.
On key foreign policy issues, including relations with the US, China and India, the government was given a 57 percent positive rating.
It also got a 59 percent positive rating on harmonious relations with opposition parties in Parliament.
For maintaining harmony with the armed forces, the government received a 58 percent positive rating.
Likewise, 54 percent of the people gave positive performance rating to the government in dealing with corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre