Motorcycle bomb at market kills 3 in Afghanistan
Kabul: An Afghan official says a bomb hidden in a parked motorcycle has ripped through a crowded bazaar in a remote region of the southern Helmand province, killing at least three people and wounding seven.
Omer Zawak, the spokesman for the provincial governor, says the explosion occurred today at the market in the village of Safar.
Safar is located 70 kilometers (42 miles) from the district centre of Garamser in the volatile province, where insurgents routinely stage deadly attacks.
A police spokesman, Shah Mahmood Hashna, says four children were among the wounded and two of them are in critical condition.
Zawak says he fears the toll could rise because today is the day residents of the area hold their weekly bazaar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth