Motorcycle bomb at market kills 3 in Afghanistan
Kabul: An Afghan official says a bomb hidden in a parked motorcycle has ripped through a crowded bazaar in a remote region of the southern Helmand province, killing at least three people and wounding seven.
Omer Zawak, the spokesman for the provincial governor, says the explosion occurred today at the market in the village of Safar.
Safar is located 70 kilometers (42 miles) from the district centre of Garamser in the volatile province, where insurgents routinely stage deadly attacks.
A police spokesman, Shah Mahmood Hashna, says four children were among the wounded and two of them are in critical condition.
Zawak says he fears the toll could rise because today is the day residents of the area hold their weekly bazaar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!