Motorcycle bomb at market kills 3 in Afghanistan
Kabul: An Afghan official says a bomb hidden in a parked motorcycle has ripped through a crowded bazaar in a remote region of the southern Helmand province, killing at least three people and wounding seven.
Omer Zawak, the spokesman for the provincial governor, says the explosion occurred today at the market in the village of Safar.
Safar is located 70 kilometers (42 miles) from the district centre of Garamser in the volatile province, where insurgents routinely stage deadly attacks.
A police spokesman, Shah Mahmood Hashna, says four children were among the wounded and two of them are in critical condition.
Zawak says he fears the toll could rise because today is the day residents of the area hold their weekly bazaar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30