MQM chief to demand probe into 1992 `Operation Clean up`
London: MQM chief Altaf Hussain will demand
a probe into the military action taken against the party in
1992 during the then PML-N regime, in the wake of a recent
disclosure by a former Pakistani intelligence chief that the
crackdown was based on fabricated evidence.
The Muttahida Qaumi Movement had become the target of a
massive military crackdown `Operation Clean up,` following
claims of recovery of maps of a proposed state for the
`Muhajirs` or the Urdu-speaking migrants in Pakistan.
MQM chief Altaf Hussain will meet Pakistan President
Asif Ali Zardari, who is in London, to demand a probe into the
1992 action that had resulted in the killing of hundreds of
The meeting between the two key political players will
take place close on the heels of the startling disclosure by
former Intelligence Bureau chief Brig Imtiaz that the
`Jinnahpur` map issue was a drama to malign the MQM, the News
Earlier in the day, Zardari met activists of Pakistan
People`s Party here.
Zardari flew in here last night on a three-day visit
during which he will discuss with the British leadership the
issue of rebuilding the troubled northwest of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- President Pranab Mukherjee appoints Kiran Bedi as Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry
- Borrowing immune cells can help fight cancer
- Nearly half of all heart attacks may be 'silent'
- Seven crucial points new BCCI president Anurag Thakur raised during maiden press conference
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: 84* off 18 balls - You wont believe who is batting....