MQM files Rs 5 bn defamation lawsuit against Imran Khan
Islamabad: The Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) has reportedly filed a defamation suit worth 5 billion rupees against Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan for the alleged character assassination of MQM chief Altaf Hussain.
According to the Express Tribune, MQM leaders Farooq Sattar and Senator Farogh Naseem personally filed the suit for Hussain`s character assassination in the wake of PTI leader Zahra Shahid Hussain`s murder.
The report said that Khan held Hussian responsible for Zahra`s murder and accused him of inciting violence through his public broadcasts.
MQM said that since Khan did not respond to their legal notice sent and thus prompted the party to file a legal suit and demand Rs 5 billion as the compensation money, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?