MQM files Rs 5 bn defamation lawsuit against Imran Khan
Islamabad: The Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) has reportedly filed a defamation suit worth 5 billion rupees against Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan for the alleged character assassination of MQM chief Altaf Hussain.
According to the Express Tribune, MQM leaders Farooq Sattar and Senator Farogh Naseem personally filed the suit for Hussain`s character assassination in the wake of PTI leader Zahra Shahid Hussain`s murder.
The report said that Khan held Hussian responsible for Zahra`s murder and accused him of inciting violence through his public broadcasts.
MQM said that since Khan did not respond to their legal notice sent and thus prompted the party to file a legal suit and demand Rs 5 billion as the compensation money, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt