MQM files Rs 5 bn defamation lawsuit against Imran Khan
Islamabad: The Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) has reportedly filed a defamation suit worth 5 billion rupees against Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan for the alleged character assassination of MQM chief Altaf Hussain.
According to the Express Tribune, MQM leaders Farooq Sattar and Senator Farogh Naseem personally filed the suit for Hussain`s character assassination in the wake of PTI leader Zahra Shahid Hussain`s murder.
The report said that Khan held Hussian responsible for Zahra`s murder and accused him of inciting violence through his public broadcasts.
MQM said that since Khan did not respond to their legal notice sent and thus prompted the party to file a legal suit and demand Rs 5 billion as the compensation money, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened