Much talked about Miss Nepal pageant to be held in mid-August
Kathmandu: Nepalese girls will vie to be
crowned the country`s beauty queen in August this year when
the Dabur Special Miss Nepal contest takes off, despite being
the centre of protests by the Maoists for the last two years.
Dabur Nepal, a joint venture of Dabur India, is the
main sponsor of the prestigious beauty pageant, which will be
held in mid-August.
In 2008, the pageant had to be cancelled at the last
minute after Maoists` women organisations staged protests.
They said such events are aimed at exposing and
exploiting Nepalese girls to market multi-national products.
Last year the beauty contest was organised despite the
protests by the Maoists.
Hidden Treasure, the organiser of the event on behalf
of Kathmandu Jaycees, has called for applications from
Nepalese girls from across the country within July 4.
To qualify for the selection the girls should have a
minimum class XII qualification and should be aged between 19
and 25, according to the organiser.
The winner of the pageant will represent Nepal in the
Miss World contest later this year.
Dabur has been sponsoring the event for more than half
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Vote Trump for equal pay and childcare, says Ivanka
- North Korean Air Koryo plane makes emergency landing in China - Xinhua
- A carnival of contrasting views near Cleveland''s Republican convention
- PML-N sweeps assembly polls in Pakistan occupied Kashmir
- PokéDates is here! Now, find love while catching Pokemon