Muhammad Yunus brings `social business` to Haiti
Port-au-Prince: Nobel peace laureate Muhammad Yunus is introducing a concept called "social business" to Haiti as it tries to rebuild after last year`s earthquake.
The economist says he wants Haiti to have businesses that solve problems.
The Bangladesh native is a celebrity of sorts in development circles. He pioneered the idea of making "micro" loans to some of the world`s poorest people as a spur to economies and anti-poverty efforts.
Yunus began a two-day visit to Haiti on Thursday. He recently joined an economic advisory board for Haiti along with former US president Bill Clinton and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog