Mullah Omar confirms peace talks with US
Kabul: Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar has confirmed that peace talks are on with the United States.
It is the first time the Taliban has publicly raised the prospect of a peace settlement after over 10 years of fighting.
Omar has demanded the release of Afghan prisoners from the Guantanamo Bay detention facility and complete withdrawal of US-led forces from Afghanistan, The News reports.
The US State Department, however, said they have not yet made any decision on releasing the Taliban prisoners from Guantanamo Bay prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre