Mullah Omar confirms peace talks with US
Kabul: Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar has confirmed that peace talks are on with the United States.
It is the first time the Taliban has publicly raised the prospect of a peace settlement after over 10 years of fighting.
Omar has demanded the release of Afghan prisoners from the Guantanamo Bay detention facility and complete withdrawal of US-led forces from Afghanistan, The News reports.
The US State Department, however, said they have not yet made any decision on releasing the Taliban prisoners from Guantanamo Bay prison.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview