Mullah Omar confirms peace talks with US
Kabul: Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar has confirmed that peace talks are on with the United States.
It is the first time the Taliban has publicly raised the prospect of a peace settlement after over 10 years of fighting.
Omar has demanded the release of Afghan prisoners from the Guantanamo Bay detention facility and complete withdrawal of US-led forces from Afghanistan, The News reports.
The US State Department, however, said they have not yet made any decision on releasing the Taliban prisoners from Guantanamo Bay prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez