Mullah Omar confirms peace talks with US
Kabul: Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar has confirmed that peace talks are on with the United States.
It is the first time the Taliban has publicly raised the prospect of a peace settlement after over 10 years of fighting.
Omar has demanded the release of Afghan prisoners from the Guantanamo Bay detention facility and complete withdrawal of US-led forces from Afghanistan, The News reports.
The US State Department, however, said they have not yet made any decision on releasing the Taliban prisoners from Guantanamo Bay prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in