Mullah Omar says kidnappings `bringing bad name` to Taliban
Islamabad: Senior Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Mohammad Omar has admitted recently that some of Taliban`s area commanders were involved in the business of kidnapping for ransom, bringing bad name to the Taliban movement.
Mullah Omar told his commanders through an audio message that all those involved in committing the heinous crime were bringing bad name to the entire organisation of Taliban and that the culprits should be identified and eliminated, reports The Nation.
He made it loud and clear that the Taliban were supposed to fight the `evil forces` just to ensure supremacy of Allah, the Quran and Sunnah.
He advised important commanders, including Hafiz Gull Bahader, Hakimullah Mehsood and other TTP members to follow his instructions strictly or get ready to face the music.
Mullah Omar who lives somewhere at undisclosed locations in Taliban strongholds in Afghanistan is the chief of Afghan Taliban, but his moral authority extends beyond the Pak-Afghan border as Pakistani Taliban also consider him as their supreme leader.
It was the first time in the history of Taliban that a supreme commander of an organisation that claims it is fighting against evil forces admitted that some of his commanders were involved in kidnapping for ransom.
According to sources, the Taliban chief commander, through the same audio message, congratulated his commanders for triumph in the war against US-led troops and directed his allied groups to accomplish the jihad on right paths, besides preventing them from disturbing life of the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened