Mush approaches world powers to fob off Pak govt ‘witch hunt’
Islamabad: Former Pakistan President and All Pakistan Muslim League chief Pervez Musharraf wants the international guarantors of the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) to declare it null and void, as APML leaders say the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) is no more adhering to the then agreement between them.
“The understanding between Pervez Musharraf and the PPP leadership on the promulgation of the NRO also entailed that after coming into power, the PPP would neither hold any sort of trial of Musharraf nor would his steps be criticised,” The News quoted an APML source, as saying.
When contacted, APML Information Secretary Fawad Chaudhry confirmed that Musharraf was now not bound to adhere to the understanding that he had reached with the PPP leadership before the promulgation of the NRO.
“As that understanding is now not being adhered to by the PPP leadership, the former president will also break all promises of the past, because the way he is being implicated in the Benazir Bhutto murder case is negation of all the commitments made at the time of promulgating the NRO,” he said.
Chaudhry also said that Musharraf would formally start addressing gatherings in Pakistan through videoconferencing from Dubai from April 17.
The first address would be delivered in Lahore on April 17, he said, adding that it was a green signal regarding the comeback of Musharraf, who is currently in self-exile from Pakistan.
According to the APML source, Musharraf has appraised the international powers, which were part of the understanding as guarantors, about the situation because the agreement was reached in their presence and now the current PPP leadership was not abiding by it.
Besides contacting such powers during his stay in Britain, Musharraf also held meetings with the ruler of Abu Dhabi, and the Chinese Ambassador to UAE, Gao Yusheng, in Dubai.
“In the meeting with Musharraf, the Chinese envoy said that his country highly values the improvement of the Pak-China relations during the rule of Musharraf,” the source said, adding, “In all his meetings, the former president focused more on the economic issues, particularly economic reforms in Pakistan during his rule.”
When contacted, PPP Information Secretary Qamar Zaman Kaira said his party had not reached any understanding with Musharraf.
“The real objective of the contacts with Pervez Musharraf at that time was the peaceful transfer of power in the country and all political parties benefited from that move,” Kaira said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide