Mush evacuated from UK-bound flight following bomb scare
Islamabad: Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf was among the passengers taken off a London-bound flight of Virgin Atlantic at New Jersey airport in the US following a bomb scare, a media report said here Wednesday.
Musharraf and other passengers were evacuated from the aircraft after a security alert about a suspicious traveler and reports of a bomb in the airliner, Geo News said.
The aircraft was later cleared and all the passengers were given the go-ahead to board it.
However, Musharraf was taken to a local hotel and accommodated there.
A passenger, reportedly from the Middle East, bought a one-way ticket on the flight and paid for it in cash.
The man was arrested and the channel quoted US security sources as saying that they feared he might pose a threat to the flight.
Virgin Atlantic`s management declined to give the reason behind the emergency.
Musharraf has been living outside Pakistan since April last year.
He resigned as President in mid-2008 to avoid being impeached by the Pakistan People`s Party-led government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet