Mush evacuated from UK-bound flight following bomb scare
Islamabad: Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf was among the passengers taken off a London-bound flight of Virgin Atlantic at New Jersey airport in the US following a bomb scare, a media report said here Wednesday.
Musharraf and other passengers were evacuated from the aircraft after a security alert about a suspicious traveler and reports of a bomb in the airliner, Geo News said.
The aircraft was later cleared and all the passengers were given the go-ahead to board it.
However, Musharraf was taken to a local hotel and accommodated there.
A passenger, reportedly from the Middle East, bought a one-way ticket on the flight and paid for it in cash.
The man was arrested and the channel quoted US security sources as saying that they feared he might pose a threat to the flight.
Virgin Atlantic`s management declined to give the reason behind the emergency.
Musharraf has been living outside Pakistan since April last year.
He resigned as President in mid-2008 to avoid being impeached by the Pakistan People`s Party-led government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state