Musharraf can be arrested if Balochistan Govt requests: Malik
Rawalpindi: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that if the Balochistan Government made a request for the arrest of former president Pervez Musharraf, action would be taken.
Malik said that he was in contact with the Baloch leaders, including Hairbyar Marri and Brahamdagh Bugti.
He said Brahamdagh Bugti had been hurt by the murder of his grandfather and he should be compensated.
“We would try to remove his complaints.” He said the Balochistan government has not made any demand for the arrest of Pervez Musharraf.
He confirmed the statement of PPP leader Fauzia Wahab that Nawaz Sharif was not arrested during the Long March under the pressure of the US, The News reports.
“On the day of the Long March, American Ambassador Peterson phoned me, saying that the US is concerned about the expected arrest of Nawaz Sharif. I told her that I will not issue arrest warrant for Nawaz Sharif and offered him (Nawaz) three options, including provision of big screen for speech wherever he wants, proper security wherever he wants to deliver speech and if he wants to come to Islamabad he would be provided with helicopter and address the sit-in at the government selected place.”
On which, Malik added, the US envoy said okay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi