Musharraf can be arrested if Balochistan Govt requests: Malik
Rawalpindi: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that if the Balochistan Government made a request for the arrest of former president Pervez Musharraf, action would be taken.
Malik said that he was in contact with the Baloch leaders, including Hairbyar Marri and Brahamdagh Bugti.
He said Brahamdagh Bugti had been hurt by the murder of his grandfather and he should be compensated.
“We would try to remove his complaints.” He said the Balochistan government has not made any demand for the arrest of Pervez Musharraf.
He confirmed the statement of PPP leader Fauzia Wahab that Nawaz Sharif was not arrested during the Long March under the pressure of the US, The News reports.
“On the day of the Long March, American Ambassador Peterson phoned me, saying that the US is concerned about the expected arrest of Nawaz Sharif. I told her that I will not issue arrest warrant for Nawaz Sharif and offered him (Nawaz) three options, including provision of big screen for speech wherever he wants, proper security wherever he wants to deliver speech and if he wants to come to Islamabad he would be provided with helicopter and address the sit-in at the government selected place.”
On which, Malik added, the US envoy said okay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack