Musharraf case should be resolved ‘in accordance with Pak’s laws’: US
Islamabad: The United States has said the issue of former president Pervez Musharraf needs to be resolved “solely in accordance with Pakistan’s constitution and laws”.
The statement came from a spokesperson of the US embassy.
According to the Daily Times, the remarks underscored that “the US takes no position on the return of Musharraf or the legal proceedings against him”.
The spokesperson further said in the statement that the US reaffirms that it is backing democracy in Pakistan.
The US does not support any particular political party or individual candidate, the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP publication dares ally Sena to take 'divorce'
- Brabus's 850PS S-Class is the world's fastest cabriolet
- Gazing at smartphone in the dark may cause 'blindness'
- Kangana Ranaut launches short film 'Kriti', clicks selfie with Farah Khan—Watch now!
- SBI PO Admit Card 2016, SBI PO 2016 Prelims, SBI PO 2016 Prelims hall tickets: Download at sbi.co.in