Musharraf case should be resolved ‘in accordance with Pak’s laws’: US
Islamabad: The United States has said the issue of former president Pervez Musharraf needs to be resolved “solely in accordance with Pakistan’s constitution and laws”.
The statement came from a spokesperson of the US embassy.
According to the Daily Times, the remarks underscored that “the US takes no position on the return of Musharraf or the legal proceedings against him”.
The spokesperson further said in the statement that the US reaffirms that it is backing democracy in Pakistan.
The US does not support any particular political party or individual candidate, the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya