Musharraf case should be resolved ‘in accordance with Pak’s laws’: US
Islamabad: The United States has said the issue of former president Pervez Musharraf needs to be resolved “solely in accordance with Pakistan’s constitution and laws”.
The statement came from a spokesperson of the US embassy.
According to the Daily Times, the remarks underscored that “the US takes no position on the return of Musharraf or the legal proceedings against him”.
The spokesperson further said in the statement that the US reaffirms that it is backing democracy in Pakistan.
The US does not support any particular political party or individual candidate, the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing