Musharraf case should be resolved ‘in accordance with Pak’s laws’: US
Islamabad: The United States has said the issue of former president Pervez Musharraf needs to be resolved “solely in accordance with Pakistan’s constitution and laws”.
The statement came from a spokesperson of the US embassy.
According to the Daily Times, the remarks underscored that “the US takes no position on the return of Musharraf or the legal proceedings against him”.
The spokesperson further said in the statement that the US reaffirms that it is backing democracy in Pakistan.
The US does not support any particular political party or individual candidate, the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?