Musharraf case should be resolved ‘in accordance with Pak’s laws’: US
Islamabad: The United States has said the issue of former president Pervez Musharraf needs to be resolved “solely in accordance with Pakistan’s constitution and laws”.
The statement came from a spokesperson of the US embassy.
According to the Daily Times, the remarks underscored that “the US takes no position on the return of Musharraf or the legal proceedings against him”.
The spokesperson further said in the statement that the US reaffirms that it is backing democracy in Pakistan.
The US does not support any particular political party or individual candidate, the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends