`Musharraf could have become Gorbachev of Pak’
Islamabad: Renowned nuclear scientist and architect of Pakistan’s nuclear programme Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan has claimed that former president Pervez Musharraf had caused enormous damage to the country and could have proved to be the `Gorbachev of Pakistan’, had he stayed in power for more time.
He also ruled out the possibility of a rollback of Pakistan’s nuclear programme and added had Musharraf got some more time he could have done so, The Nation reports.
He further said that Musharraf had pushed the country into a deep crisis and claimed the country was still paying for wrong steps even after almost a decade that was reflected in the Balochistan crisis.
Calling Musharraf as Nawab Akbar Bugti’s killer, Khan suggested that he (Musharraf) should be handed over to Bugti tribe chief which would neutralise half the grievances of the Balochs.
He said that country’s nuclear programme was in safe hands and that a very powerful command and control authority was in place to safeguard the nuclear assets of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month