Musharraf denies handing over any Pakistani to US, other countries for interrogation
Islamabad: Former Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf has rebuffed allegations regarding handing over Pakistanis to foreign authorities for interrogation.
Replying to queries on Facebook, Musharraf said policies during his regime were well defined and added that those who were handed over to the US for interrogation were apprehended in Afghanistan and not in Pakistan.
“Our policy was clear: Pakistanis will be tried in Pakistan whereas foreigners will be handed over to their own countries first and in case of refusal (which was invariably the case), will be handed over to the US,” The Nation quoted Musharraf, as saying.
The former general also denied writing off loans of any influential individual, saying he had written off loans of only those who were affected by natural disasters in Balochistan and Sindh in 2000 and the victims of the 2005 earthquake.
When asked about his plans of returning to Pakistan, Musharraf, who is currently in London on an unannounced exile, said his return depends on the country’s internal situation.
On reports about him forming a new political party, Musharraf said he would consider the ground realities before forming any new party or joining the already established ones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport