Musharraf denies handing over any Pakistani to US, other countries for interrogation
Islamabad: Former Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf has rebuffed allegations regarding handing over Pakistanis to foreign authorities for interrogation.
Replying to queries on Facebook, Musharraf said policies during his regime were well defined and added that those who were handed over to the US for interrogation were apprehended in Afghanistan and not in Pakistan.
“Our policy was clear: Pakistanis will be tried in Pakistan whereas foreigners will be handed over to their own countries first and in case of refusal (which was invariably the case), will be handed over to the US,” The Nation quoted Musharraf, as saying.
The former general also denied writing off loans of any influential individual, saying he had written off loans of only those who were affected by natural disasters in Balochistan and Sindh in 2000 and the victims of the 2005 earthquake.
When asked about his plans of returning to Pakistan, Musharraf, who is currently in London on an unannounced exile, said his return depends on the country’s internal situation.
On reports about him forming a new political party, Musharraf said he would consider the ground realities before forming any new party or joining the already established ones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'