Musharraf determined to return to Pak on March 23
Islamabad: Former military ruler Pervez Musharraf has said he is determined to return to Pakistan on March 23 next year, ending a self-imposed exile that began
over two years ago.
Addressing a gathering of thousands of supporters at Hyderabad in Sindh province yesterday on phone, Musharraf reiterated his plan to return to the country by March 23.
The former military ruler left Pakistan in April 2009 after a number of civil and criminal cases were filed against him.
Musharraf contended that Pakistan was passing through a critical phase in its history.
"The country faces extremism, poverty and an economic crisis and the poor are suffering. We have to rectify the situation and we have to more than just pray. We will have to work together," he said in his 20-minute speech.
He criticised attempts to "sabotage" his first public meeting in Hyderabad since the creation of his All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) party and claimed official machinery was used to organise and protect PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif`s rally at Faisalabad yesterday.
Musharraf said such repressive measures would prepare APML activists to cope with their adversaries.
He criticised the police for not cooperating with the APML in holding the rally.
"You (police) should be ashamed because I had raised your salaries," he said adding, "Before I return, I want banners and posters of APML to be displayed all over Sindh," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog