Musharraf gave ‘sensitive N-information’ to US: AQ Khan
Lahore: Confirming a recent report published in one of the leading US dailies, disgraced Pakistan nuclear scientist Dr AQ Khan has claimed that former president General Pervez Musharraf had provided ‘sensitive information relating to Pakistan’s atomic programme’ to the US.
Khan said he has evidence regarding the transfer and could table the same in front of a court of law.
It may be noted that Khan had sensationally revealed that China had provided weapons-grade uranium, sufficient for making two atomic bombs, to Pakistan in 1982.
According to Khan’s accounts in The Washington Post, the transfer of nuclear fuel was ‘part of a broad-ranging, secret nuclear deal approved years earlier by Mao Zedong and prime minister Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto that culminated in an exceptional, deliberate act of proliferation by a nuclear power
Khan said that Musharraf was ready to hand over him to the US, but was prevented from doing so, as the then prime minister Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali refused to sign the ‘exit orders’.
“The then prime minister Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali had himself confided that he was under severe pressure to sign my exit order, which he refused after taking the federal cabinet into confidence. Musharraf kept a C-130 plane ready to fulfil his nefarious designs,” The News quoted Khan, as saying.
Describing Musharraf as an American stooge’, Khan said people must be made aware about the truth regarding the nuke details handover.
He demanded an inquiry and trial against Musharraf, saying it was an open secret that the former General had deep-rooted contacts with Israel and other countries.
“God knows how many secrets he had transferred to them,” Khan said.
He admitted that Musharraf had given him number of responsibilities during his tenure, but demanded to make his confessional statement public or record it afresh, so that the truth comes out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31