`Musharraf has no future in Pakistan politics`
Karachi: The chief of Pakistan Muslim League-Functional, has said that former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf, who has returned to Karachi after four years of self-imposed exile, has no future in politics of the country.
Pir Pagaro said he had advised Musharraf not to return to Pakistan, since even his former allies are not with him now, reports the Daily Times.
Earlier on Thursday, Musharraf had said that he has returned to Pakistan in the interest of the country and his countrymen.
The former military dictator said he is among those people who think of the country and its people.
Musharraf said he will run for elections from Karachi, and added that his supporters had suggested that he run for elections from NA-250 Defence constituency in Karachi.
Musharraf also claimed that Pakistan had prospered during his eight-year tenure, adding that he had been the only one to raise his voice against anti-state elements and those spreading terrorism. He added that others were either scared to raise their voice or were safeguarding their own interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling