`Musharraf has no future in Pakistan politics`
Karachi: The chief of Pakistan Muslim League-Functional, has said that former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf, who has returned to Karachi after four years of self-imposed exile, has no future in politics of the country.
Pir Pagaro said he had advised Musharraf not to return to Pakistan, since even his former allies are not with him now, reports the Daily Times.
Earlier on Thursday, Musharraf had said that he has returned to Pakistan in the interest of the country and his countrymen.
The former military dictator said he is among those people who think of the country and its people.
Musharraf said he will run for elections from Karachi, and added that his supporters had suggested that he run for elections from NA-250 Defence constituency in Karachi.
Musharraf also claimed that Pakistan had prospered during his eight-year tenure, adding that he had been the only one to raise his voice against anti-state elements and those spreading terrorism. He added that others were either scared to raise their voice or were safeguarding their own interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere