`Musharraf has no future in Pakistan politics`
Karachi: The chief of Pakistan Muslim League-Functional, has said that former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf, who has returned to Karachi after four years of self-imposed exile, has no future in politics of the country.
Pir Pagaro said he had advised Musharraf not to return to Pakistan, since even his former allies are not with him now, reports the Daily Times.
Earlier on Thursday, Musharraf had said that he has returned to Pakistan in the interest of the country and his countrymen.
The former military dictator said he is among those people who think of the country and its people.
Musharraf said he will run for elections from Karachi, and added that his supporters had suggested that he run for elections from NA-250 Defence constituency in Karachi.
Musharraf also claimed that Pakistan had prospered during his eight-year tenure, adding that he had been the only one to raise his voice against anti-state elements and those spreading terrorism. He added that others were either scared to raise their voice or were safeguarding their own interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Five killed as house collapses in Andhra Pradesh
- Here’s why Lord Shiva is also known as Neelkantha
- Ravichandran Ashwin replaces Yashir Shah at the top of ICC bowler rankings
- Hubble peers into the core of a starburst galaxy – See pic!
- JuD medical team wants to visit Kashmir to treat injured, applies for Indian visa